Tuesday, November 22, 2016

DUST YOU ARE


My Dad passed away at the age of 89 years. His wish was to have his ashes sprinkled there on the farm that he loved.  When we finally had to sell everything, the young couple who purchased the old farm house knew that Dad’s ashes were there.  They were OK with that.
My mother passed away on Oct. 17 three days after her 102nd birthday. We had her memorial service on Sunday, Nov. 20 at the old church that she had devoted her life and love to. After the service we (family members) returned to the old farm where Mom and Dad spent their married life. 
We went to the same spot where I knew we had sprinkled Dad’s ashes and as we gathered around, each getting a handful of Mom’s ashes, I said “Mom, now you are back on the farm that you loved so much and are with Dad again.” So each of us sprinkled Mom’s ashes around the area where Dad’s were.

I looked at the ashes in my hand and was amazed to think that here I was holding some of my mother’s ashes, a part of her body, in my hand and thought “What an amazing thing this was.” I knew that her spirit was safe in heaven with her Jesus, yet here was a part of her, too, in my hand.  What an amazing God we have to put all this together before the world was made. God is such an Awesome God and a great and good God, too.

In Genesis 3:19, God’s word says “---for dust you are and to dust you will return.” And it is so.


No comments:

Post a Comment